Who should play Christian Grey?

Chris Pine via iBaller

Chris Pine

Ryan Gosling via Nadinejolie.com

Matt Bomer via ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com

Matt Bomer via ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com

Chris Hemsworth

Chris Hemsworth photo via fanpop.com

About these ads
Comments
70 Responses to “Who should play Christian Grey?”
  1. downriver123 says:

Brandon Routh is my Christian Grey. Christian is tall, muscular, strong, powerful, forceful, angry and raging inside….Master of his universe. Alexander Skarsgard can no doubt play Christian and do a fantastic job at it… but his looks are off. Robert Pattinson and the others are not manly enough to be Christian. They are to skinny and whimpy. Christian can silence a room with one menacing look. Who the hell would be intimidated by Robert Pattinson and most of the others people are proposing. Christian Bale definitely has the depth of chacter as we all saw in American Psycho but is not age appropriate. All I can say is I hope they choose a REAL man to play Christian and not a boy!

• BellaStella says:

While some of these men are sexy as hell and I would play with them in an instant, I think Christian should be an unknown. Just like they did waaay back in Gone with the Wind. He is out there — we just have to find him!!

• I so agree with you m, when I read , I picture Brandon Routh , he looks the part completely!!!!

2. MishaFashionista says:

Ian Somerhalder, for sure! He has that Christian Grey smolder that is sooooo freaking HAWT! Plus he’s tall and in great shape, though I’d like to see him buff up just a teeny bit for the role. I can’t really see anyone else in this role.

• Ankita says:

i totally agree… i started reading the book now and all i could imagine is IAN as Christian …!!

• Laura says:

I pictured Ian also when I read the book. Can’t imagine anyone else. He might need to put a few pounds on though. Christian is described as a bigger guy. But that is no biggee for Hollywood.

• Karen says:

Although, Ian is sooooo freaking hot!! and looks so manly I dont see him as Christian Grey since he has a rogue look, I see someone more mysterious ans intriguing like Bomer and may a say also Henry Cavill, could be more suitable.

3. Paula Robinson says:

Chris Pines is Christian Grey100% look at those eyes. He is so sexy !!!!!!!!

4. Paula Robinson says:

Ana should be played by Amanda Seyfried. She has the legs , skin , eyes and lips. She can hold her own next to Chris Pines.

5. Redcherryblossom says:

I don’t see any of them as Christian – least of all Ian Somerhalder. He’s too slick looking – in my mind Christian’s clean cut All American Boy looks added to the deception of his dark and smouldering character, somehow out of place against what he is capable of and how people percieve him to be. He’s not a smooth operating womaniser and I think for the 5 chaps above, gorgeous as they may be, it would be impossible for them to not be a player in the role. I think this part needs a totally new actor, just imerging into the acting world to make it his own. I’d love to be on the panel too just to make sure he’s up to the job. Just saying :-)

• AJane says:

i agree redcherryblossom, my bet though would be british actor and model HenryCavill, just make his copper and that’s Christian Grey…take alook at his youtube video of Dunhill advert..that looks like the gliding scene

• SCV Mom says:

Absolutely! Henry Cavill has the presence and gravitas to pull of Christian Grey, not to mention the acting chops. He can’t just be some pretty boy….must have that mysterious, dark side to him and a commanding presence.

• i agree with you redcherryblossom. this movie needs a new actor and unknown. Stephen Amell!!!! hes not completely unknown but he would be perfecttttttttt!!!!!!

6. Jodi says:

Colin Farrell could pull off playing Christian Grey.. He would be fantastic…

7. Michelle Ames says:

Gabriel Macht…looking like he does in Suits http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0532683/

8. AJane says:

and alexandra dadarios for ana steele….just google her

9. DDay says:

So help me, if they pick someone like Pattinson or Gosling to play Christian, I will NEVER go see that film. Both are entirely too wimpy, skinny, pale and frankly NOT HOT enought to play the part. I could see Chris Pine, maybe Ian Somerhalder… But I agreee with redcherryblossom that we need a totally unknown for this part. And really, Amanda Seyfried as Ana…ewwww! She is so incredibly unattractive!!! That part definitely calls for the beautiful, but shy all-American girl-next-door type.

10. Liz says:

I want all of you to take a look at Jessie Pavelka, if he doesn’t make the perfect Christian, I don’t know who will! He is absolutely beautiful! Totall what I envision Christian to look like. Spread his name…he is PERFECT!

11. Liz says:

I agree with you DDay as far as Pattinson, but Gosling would be a pretty good pick. His acting would be so believable, he definitely would capture the dark side of Christian’s personality. Add a tan and a few extra pounds of muscle and it might work. So, check out Jessie Pavelka, virtually an unknown and oh so beautiful!!!

12. BRetta Thompson says:

Has anyone looked at Henry Cavill? He is who I see….HOT!

13. Lesley Wilkie says:

Has anyone thought of Eddie Redmayne, not so famous but fits perfectly, coppery touselled hair, young and hot!

14. Christy says:

AGREED!!!!! Jessie is HOT and would be the perfect guy to play Christian.

15. josie says:

Ryan Gosling absolutely should play this role. He owns it.

• BRetta Thompson says:

I cant see ANYONE but Henry Cavill or Matt Bomer. When I see Ryan Gosling all I can think of is the notebook! Don’t get wrong, his body is amazing…..but he doesn’t quite have the DROP DEAD gorgeous Greek God look. his lips are too thin. lol

16. A greek God should play Christian Grey! Who else….check out this man and you will be sold! If he can model he sure as hell can act too Im sure! His name is Marios Lekkas, Athenian Hunk!!!! I am serious you will no longer need to look any further for who should play Christian!

17. liz says:

What about Garett Hedlund? He’s got the looks, the hair, the masculinity and based on what I’ve seen, he,s got the acting ability to be a believable Christian.

18. Darla Carriger says:

Garrett Hedlund!!!!!!!! I just saw Country Strong – he is THE ONE!!!!!

19. Liz says:

I agree, Garrett Hedlund is another great choice. Very masculine, protectiven yet vulnerable…just like Christian.

20. bernie says:

All these men are gorgeous but I think Paul Walker should also be considered as Christian

21. Tricia says:

If the producers are reading these comments, please please please you have to pick Henry Cahill.. even before I ever saw this man on pictures, I imagined his face while reading the book.. Henry Cahill is Christian Grey….*****************>>…….>>>>>>>>

• BRetta Thompson says:

I agree Tricia….Henry Cavill would make one sexy Christian Grey! He is gorgeous!

• Liz says:

Yes, Henry Cavill is quite the looker, definitely has Christian’s hair and body. He may have a little too much of an all American nice boy look. If he can act convincingly enough to make a believable Christian I could see where he would be perfect. Paul Walker is also a good candidate looks wise, but don’t think he has the acting ability to pull off Christian’s persona. This is going to interesting to see who makes the final cut!

22. Jane says:

My Christian is Paul Walker get a load of the images of him whoaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

23. Jane says:

One more thing I really hope they don’t try to cram all three books into one film, please makeat least 2 if not 3, this fantasy has got to live on!!!!

24. Stephanie says:

Please look up Jonathan Rhys Meyers-an amazing actor with the most beautiful eyes!

25. geannie says:

HENRY CAVILL!!! he is perfect. The hair, the body, the looks, height, eyecolor, age, every detail!!!

26. Jamie says:

Eric Dane from Grey’s Anatomy I think would be perfect!

27. Liz says:

Eric Dane is too old and Ian S. Is not nearly as good looking as Christian is described as being. The character has to be perfect looking with a lean yet muscular body, masculine and have the acting ability to become Christian! It will be interesting to see who it will be. I can’t wait. I just know whomever they pick to portray the characters, the movie will pale in comparison to the book.

28. Laurie says:

I totally see David Boreanaz playing Christian Grey!!

29. Liz says:

Boreanez…definitely not! I could see Derek Theler, but can he act? It’s not just looks alone, he has to make the audience believe he’s Christian. My favorite thus far is Ryan Gosling. He doesn’t quite have the gorgeous looks, but his acting ability is so good, that we would all believe he’s Christian. There are so many possibilities. I really enjoy looking up everyone’s different suggestions. I can’t wait until the final reveal!

30. JYP says:

No one on this list is even close to protraying Christian Grey except maybe Chris Hemsworth with is hair dyed a darker hue. The ONLY person who has the LOOK and ACTING ability to play Christian Grey is Henry Cavill. He screams Christian Grey. If you’ve read the book Christian Grey is the pivotal character of the entire story, if they get his casting incorrect the entire movie is doomed. It can not be about which actor is the most gorgeous. This character has to look drop dead gorgeous, is manly, tall, muscular and exhibits a very complex personality that borders on child like. the role needs an actor that is extremely gorgeous but can also act on the complexity of the character, that is why Henry Cavill is the only one who could do this role justice. there are only 2 other individuals that could play this role to perfection but they are older; they are Simon Baker or Richard Armitage.

31. Jenna says:

Colin Egglesfield is who I picture. Man is way hot!

32. Stacey says:

My christian grey is the hott Scott Speedman… In a suit of course..!!! Roll on the movie!!!!!!!!!

33. ebcastorri says:

Has anyone taken a look at Derek Theler……He’s new and quite unknown, so no stereotypes from previous movies.

34. pcooper says:

It’s Ian Somerhalder all the way. This guy is HOT and quite amazing!

35. Liz says:

How about Trevor Donovan? Another great candidate.

36. Lanie says:

Matt Bomer is beautiful!!

37. G Pacheco says:

I would love to see Armie Hammer as Christian
    Grey! He is hot! and not super famous as the
    actors mentioned so far….I am a huge fan of Ryan Gosling, but how could he be taken away from his role on the Notebook?

38. Anne Roberts says:

Taylor Kitsch!!! Oh yeah.

39. Heather says:

NO DOUBT I believe Matt Bomer LOOKS like Christian Grey. By all means this man PHYSICALLY could be him. However I’m worried that the viewer of this movie (of whom I suspect will be mostly women), will not be able to relate with him as he is gay. Will women be able to “believe” him as he plays this character? I would think it would take an AMAZING actor to be able to convince the public that he is straight when we know he is obviously gay. I apologize in advance if someone has already spoken on this topic, which I’m sure they have.

40. Heather says:

I really see Taylor Kinney playing Christian Grey. He has a SMOLDERING look ALL the time! PHEW! Though I don’t know, as an actor, if he will be able to pull it off.

41. Heather says:

One last comment. It really doesn’t matter who plays this character because he doesn’t exist. The reason why this is SUCH a difficult decision is because this character is impossible to cast! Just saying. I’m good with Matt Bomer if he can convince me he’s not gay.

42. Matthew Bomer, Henry Cavill and Tom Hardy are the top 3 over at fillthepart.com. Head over a cast who you want.

43. Marina says:

The perfect Christian Gray is Stephen amell no doubt about it, ad him to the voting now please!

44. I liked christian louboutin shoes! so much

45. Matt! Matt! Matt!!!! ugggghhh!!! damn gorgeous he is!

46. Chrissy Love says:

Ian Somerhalder is my Christian Grey. Perfect facial features, beautiful mesmerizing eyes, gorgeous smile, muscle tone and jaw structure perfect, gifted actor and above all else, he is what all women secretly crave. I hope he has time and plays the part! ^_-